Located at the gateway to Kirkwood Mountain Resort, Kirkwood Station is an historic property with a storied legacy in the high Sierra. Encompassing a total of 66 acres and zoned for 40 units, Kirkwood Station’s unique privacy, low density, and dual access to both the resort, and lake and stream access right from the property, is expected to draw premium buyers to its legendary location when built out. Located just 3 hours from 13 million residents of the Bay Area and the heart of Silicon Valley, Kirkwood is the closest ski resort to, and attracts heavily from this base of buyers looking to build their legacy home. Kirkwood’s higher base elevation, unique and varied terrain, and access via uncrowded Highway 88 ensures a natural competitive advantage in attracting skiers, riders, and second home buyers compared to other Tahoe resorts.
• APN 039-070-18-100
• APN 039-070-15-100
• The total entitlements are for up to 40 residential units located in and around the natural bench that rests high above the highway access. The development program includes low and mid-density properties including homesites, cabins, duplex and low-rise townhome properties that take advantage of the abundance of view corridors that exist on the property, though downzoning the property into a series of larger ranch style lots remains possible.
• Located just a short hike to fly-fishing waters, the remote location represents the best of second-home communities in far-away locations like Wyoming and Montana.
• Currently the home to summertime horse trails and wintertime cross country ski paths, the property boasts breathtaking views down the meadow in the Kirkwood Valley and ski trails and north through Desolation Wilderness
• Adjacent to two commercial properties, Vail’s Cross Country Center and the Kirkwood Inn – a designated historical landmark that still provides an unparalleled dining experience in the Lake Tahoe region.
• Vail will continue to operate the horse and cross country trails as both are anticipated to be an integral part of the community experience.
• Some engineering has been completed and is available upon request.
• The prospective property buyers in the development are expected to pay a premium for the lower density and unique privacy associated with the it.
Kirkwood Mountain Resort
• Owned and operated by Vail Resorts, one of the world’s most successful ski resort operators.
• Kirkwood sits at an elevation of 7,800 feet (over 1,500 feet higher than other destinations at Lake Tahoe) with over 2,300 skiable acres served by 15 lifts and spread over a vertical drop of over 2,000 feet with unique geography providing over 2 miles of lift-served ridgeline.
• Highest base-elevation of Lake Tahoe ski resorts leads to highest, lightest and most consistent snowfall of California resorts (350 inches per year average). Renown for challenge and diversity of terrain and on-mountain experience. One of only a few resorts in California with the quality of terrain necessary to host professionally sanctioned extreme skiing events and provide a separate, dedicated beginner and children’s ski areas.
• Top twenty wealthiest zip codes in Northern California, concentrated in Silicon Valley, serve as the primary residence of over 20% of Kirkwood homeowners, positioning Kirkwood well above already attractive national ski industry demographics for vacation ownership with 40% of participants having children at home and 24% of participant households earning >$200K/yr.
• Uniquely located <3 hours from San Francisco, Silicon Valley and 13 million residents (the 5th largest metropolitan area in the United States) on uncrowded Highway 88 which can be 3-4 hours less travel time than resorts on Highways 50 and 80. 35 miles from international casino gaming and nightlife destination, South Lake Tahoe.
• Kirkwood’s Silicon Valley concentrated buyers includes many technology company investors and senior executives including current and former senior executives and board members of eBay, Yahoo and Google and Kirkwood has one of the highest concentrations per capita of Venture Capitalists of any resort in North America.
• Established community with 832 of 1,413 approved residential units
Click here for more information!